Hello everyone, as always following tech events, here are my notes about the first day of Build 2016, hope this has any value for you!
- 270 million people using Windows 10
- Anniversary update, this summer for free for all Windows 10 installs
- Windows Hello technology used in Microsoft Edge to login to Websites
- integration with Cortana (events, places),
- Ruler integrated, Ink dashboard accessible from desktop,
- Ink useable to highlight in Word, draw & align in Powerpoint
Hint from Windows Phone video: seems you will be able to receive AND make phone calls straight from your Windows Phone
Cortana fun fact: Shutting down computer with cortana, cortana work also fullscreen now
Bash shell in User Mode, Great dev feature!
- Anniv update brings apps to Xbox One
- UWP for Windows 10 and Xbox One
- Turning any Xbox One into a Dev Kit (switch with a reboot)
Dev: .NET & Win32 portability to Microsoft Store just by running a migration tool on top Desktop App Converter
- Bring-in bots for a scoped chat, then action is done with 3rd party bot is done, info are not shared anymore
- Skype bot sdk (http://skype.com/developer)
- Intelligence runtime (Cortana intelligence suite)
- Bot dev framework (node, C#,…)
- Bot framework help on filling in entities
- Numerous integrations (Direct line, Skype, Slack, SMS, Telegram, Web chat, Email)
- manages verbs (get suggestion for verbs, deep learning on language)
- Semantic dict, upload training data, terms mapping to learn more
- Capability to forward to a person
I am especially looking into using more deeply the Bot framerwork capabilities to build self-service layers for users!